Week 1 – Pulling up the floor

Our first week digging into the conversion started with pulling out the last two benches and then pulling up the floor:

We used drills to remove the heater hose covers and the floor trim pieces. Once all the nails were out we pulled up all the looser spots of rubber by hand. Some of it came off easier in big pieces and others ripped off in small pieces (kinda like a sunburn).

The majority of the rubber was stuck on really well so we used wide chisels and a hammer to get underneath it. We tried softening the rubber by heating it with an industrial heat gun.

Check out this time lapse video from the project and pictures of our progress along the way:

 

IMG_7781

IMG_7785

IMG_7786

IMG_7806

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: